Saturday, February 01, 2014

Book of Mormon @ The Pantages

Today, I had the chance to check out the hit-Broadway musical BOOK OF MORMON at the Hollywood Pantages Theater.  I had a great time!

The musical was very funny -- perhaps even moreso than SPAMALOT -- which is saying something!  The songs were catchy and the cast did a great job.  You can clearly see why this show swept The Tony's a few years back :)  I especially enjoyed the fact that the main character has a slight obsession with the City of Orlando!  I feel like in some ways I can relate.

Seeing the inside of the Pantages Theater was an added treat.  The theater is full of Hollywood history.  Located at Hollywood and Vine, it was built in the early 1930's.  When you walk inside, it's as if you are taking a step back in time.  In the 50's, this theater hosted the Academy Awards for a number of years.  Since then, it has been "the" place to see traveling Broadway productions.  I saw THE LION KING here late last year, but I still could not help getting excited when visiting the theater for my second time.

Enjoy some pictures I managed to sneak of the theater!  If you ever have a chance to check out this impressive building of Hollywood history, do so!  You will not be disappointed.








No comments: