Wednesday, September 19, 2007

1 vs 100!

Today was a neat day. I got to participate in the hit TV show - 1 vs 100 on NBC!

This morning, I arrived to Raliegh Studios at 9 AM excited and ready to go. I was classified as a stand by mob member and a VIP audience member. (In other words, if they needed a mob person, I was in - otherwise - it was the audience).

When we walked into the studio, the first thing I realized was that the set had dramatically changed from what I noticed and had remembered on TV. This is because NBC completely redesigned the set for the second season.

By the way…the premiere of the second season was the taping I was present at today. As well as show #2!

Anyways! This new set was SO new - that unfortunately, it had quite a few technical difficulties and took some training and getting used to for the crew. At one point, we left the set for an hour, so that the NBC techies could fix all the problems.

Once the show was on the road, I was in a mob seat for the promo shots that NBC will use throughout the season to highlight different things. After my time of promos was up, they (sadly) had all the mobsters they needed, and I then took a seat in the audience. (When you watch the season premiere, you will most likely find me sitting somewhere in the audience.)

The big gimmick for the season premiere was "Battle of the Sexes" on 1 vs 100. The first game featured 100 male mob members and a female contestant. Sadly, she didn't do very well, and she ended up giving her winnings to the mob. The second half of the show featured the exact opposite - a mob of 100 females and a male contestant. Ironically, the male contestant was a film college student.

The film student, named Jason, did MUCH better than the first lady. In fact, he did so good that he made history on the show. I can't tell you how, so you'll have to tune in to find out...but it was VERY cool!!

Speaking of neat things to witness…Bob Saget was hosting again this season! He was extremely fun to watch on set. Bob is not only funny and entertaining (both on and off camera), but he is a very kind person and definitely doesn't have the ego, etc… that many other people like him (ie: Howie Mandel) do. It was really neat to finally see (and shake hands with!) a person I had watched literally growing up as a kid.

Speaking of watching people as a kid…one of the mob members in the SECOND episode of 1 vs 100 was someone very special. They had a few special people, actually. While most got excited for seeing 3 of the playboy bunny triplets, I was jumping out of my seat when I saw Oscar the Grouch arrive on set. Oscar was playing as a member of the mob - but unfortunately, didn't have such great luck. Locking in answers is tough when you are a puppet. He was the first one eliminated :( and boy…Bob Saget didn't let him forget it!

All together, it was a great day. It was an EXTREMLEY long day….but a good one none the less. I walked away $100 richer, and I also received a T-shirt for dominating "Bob Saget's TV Theme Song Name That Tune" Game. I successfully identified 25 theme songs in a ROW…which was apparently a new record.

Anyways, more updates to come soon. I'll likely be returning to Universal tomorrow to continue the job hunt, and I will let you all know how that goes as soon as I hear something!!

No comments: